Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday, April 15

Up around 7:30 this morning. No water aerobics, so I did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house mid-morning, and she went to her jigsaw puzzle. This is a 550-piece puzzle that seems to be a bit difficult, so I don't think she's enjoying it much. I'll need to look for another one she might like better.

It was a this-and-that sort of day, as I caught up with chores, like laundry, that I couldn't complete over the weekend, because we spent a lot of time at the Scottish Festival.

A locally beautiful, sunny, warm day was scarred by news of bombings at the Boston Marathon. We were glued to the TV for a good while after we heard the news around 2 p.m. What a horrible tragedy. How could someone do a thing like that? I'm heartsick for the victims.

Supper was leftovers from yesterday's pork roast dinner, so it didn't take long to get it on the table at 5 p.m. After supper, Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house, and then we watched TV for the evening, including episodes of "Vikings," from the History Channel, and "Mr. Selfridge," from PBS.











0 comments: