Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thursday, Nov. 14

Up at 7:30 this morning, and did stair stepping exercises after breakfast, but skipped the resistance band and weights. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30, and then he went to a Master Gardeners meeting.

While he was gone, Mother worked on her puzzle, I got ready for the day, and then I wrote a long letter to my friend in Texas to include in a birthday card.

It was close to noon by the time I came back downstairs. I decided to scramble egg substitute with onions, diced baked potatoes, and cheese. We had the eggs with bagels and jelly.

Afterward, Hubbie went grocery shopping, while Mother and I made oatmeal/chocolate chip cookies. It was about 3 p.m. by the time we finished.

Mother went back to her jigsaw puzzle, and I relaxed and caught up on reading newspapers. There's a picture of the overturned log truck on the front page of our local paper. There's also a photo of the student section at the college basketball game Tuesday night. We were there for both events...just out of sight.

Later, for supper, I tried a recipe I saw on a TV morning show. It's called Dumpling Soup. It calls for three-fourth cup of flour whisked in two cups of milk; add three cups of canned broth (I actually used three cans of broth), and seasonings. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then add chicken (I used leftover rotisserie chicken from last night's supper), and three cups of egg noodles. Boil, stirring pretty much constantly, until the noodles are cooked. I think that if I make this recipe again, I'm going to pre-cook the noodles a little, because I found the soup to be a little gooey. It was tasty, though.

During supper, I got a phone call from the nurse at my doctor's office. Apparently, my white blood cell count is still a little low, so my doctor wants me to have another blood test to check a little further. I've scheduled an appointment for tomorrow afternoon.

She also said that Mother's blood test showed improvement in her kidneys, and that she should just continue to hydrate.

After supper, Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house, and then we watched TV.







0 comments: