Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday, Feb. 7

Today is Son's birthday. Happy Birthday, Son!

Up at 7:30. I delayed exercising after breakfast, and instead gathered materials for working on scrapbook pages, and a birthday card, as well as ingredients for making salmon chowder later. For the scrapbook pages, I went to the office computer to type and print journaling information. This was for pages featuring two new great-grandchildren, as girl and a boy. I think I went up and downstairs six times gathering bits of info...dates of birth, full names of the babies, etc.

Once I'd gathered everything, I finally got around to doing stair stepping exercises. Since it was so late in the morning by this time, I skipped the resistance bands and weights exercises.

Hubbie saw to Mother's lunch, while I got ready for the day, and then after he and I had lunch, we took all the stuff I'd gathered over to her house. I spent the afternoon with her, and we worked until 4 p.m. finishing four scrapbook pages, making a birthday card for a great-grandson, and putting together a double batch of salmon chowder, some of which we had for supper.

Back home after supper, Hubbie and I watched TV, including episodes of "Jeeves and Wooster," a 1990-1993 British comedy series, based on stories by P.G. Wodehouse, and starring Hugh Laurie (of "House"), and Stephen Fry. Borrowed this from the library.

Predictions are for more snow tonight. It has already arrived in the southern counties and is creating traffic havoc. But as of 10 p.m., nothing had arrived here, yet. Hubbie is keeping his fingers crossed it doesn't arrive, and that the temperature will rise sufficiently to melt some of the ice, so we can attend a 4 p.m. basketball game at the college tomorrow.







0 comments: