Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tuesday, Feb. 4

Up around 7:30, and did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Since our county was included in an ice storm warning, I lost no time in showering and dressing, just in case the power went out. At this time, though, it was only sleeting.

Once I was ready for the day, I put my tablet on the charger, and Hubbie charged his cell phone...just in case. Hubbie also filled gallon jugs with water, since we rely on well water, and if the power goes out, the pump at the well house doesn't work.

After that, Hubbie helped me start a pot of chicken noodle soup. Nothing like nice hot soup on a wintry day. Again, I was hoping the soup would cook before a possible power outage. Fortunately, it was done before a freezing rain began.

Mother stayed home today, of course, so at lunch, Hubbie took a her bowl of Ramen noodle soup. For our lunch, Hubbie and I had cold pork roast sandwiches and chips, with canned pear halves for dessert.

Afterward, I made a double batch of blueberry muffins. I sort of held my breath, hoping the freezing rain would not coat the power lines and douse the electricity halfway through the baking time. But twenty minutes later the muffins were done, and the power remained on.

In fact, we dodged the bullet all day, thank goodness, though thousands in counties south of us are still in the dark.

At 4 p.m., we took the soup and muffins to Mother's house, and joined her for supper. She will probably have to stay at home for one more day. I know she's getting cabin fever, so I hope that by Thursday she can come over to our house again.

Hubbie's getting cabin fever, too, so I hope the temperature rises enough tomorrow to clear the main roads, so he can run errands. As for me, I'm fine entertaining myself at home.

While I was at Mother's house, I shot a few pictures through her kitchen window of the birds at her colorful red feeder, as well as shots of a small ice covered tree. Later, I uploaded a few shots to my social network page.

There was a Friends of the Library executive board meeting scheduled at the college for 5 p.m. tonight, but I got an e-mail message this morning cancelling it, since the college itself was closed today because of weather. The board president hopes to re-schedule the meeting for sometime next week.

Spent the evening watching one-hour shows on TV.



0 comments: