Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thursday, Feb. 6

Up at 7:30, and did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Did this and that around the house once I was ready for the day.

Mother stayed home again today, since the temperature remained too low to melt the snow (now ice), and the path is slick between her house and ours.

Lunch today was the remainder of the chicken noodle soup, a bowl of which Hubbie took to Mother. After lunch, Hubbie and I ran a few errands...to the bank, to the newspaper office to leave this week's word search puzzle contest, to the post office, and to a department store, where we used two $10-off- $25 purchases to buy me two new pairs of jeans, one denim, and one black.

Besides the coupons, which I'd printed from the store's online site, we used a couple of gift cards. The coupons were one per customer, so I bought one of the pairs of jeans, and Hubbie bought the other, so we could each use a coupon. Using coupons, the jeans were a pretty good deal, especially since they were already on sale.

After shopping, we went on a photo safari around town, where I took several snow/ice pictures. Uploaded a few of them to my social network page later.

Back home, I relaxed until time to go to Mother's to prepare supper. Mother helped with the supper preparations by fixing garlic bread, and cutting veggies for the salads.

Hubbie stayed home until time for supper at 5 p.m. The spaghetti and sauce, salads, and bread were as good tonight as they were last night. Hubbie returned home afterward, and I stayed at Mother's until after the 6 p.m. news.

Back home, Hubbie and I wasted time watching TV, as usual.

Around 8 p.m., the water aerobics leader called to say the pool would be open tomorrow, but that so far everyone she called has said they will not attend. I remarked that after going over to the college today, I also did not plan to attend, because while the sidewalks and parking lots were cleared, there was snow-ice along the sides of the sidewalks, and the street was mainly ice. This is a recipe for disaster for older ladies trying to walk from one side of the street to the other. I'm not up for it, and I cautioned our leader to be extra careful if she decides to brave it.







0 comments: