Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday, Feb. 3

Slept late, until around 8 a.m. Skipped my exercises after breakfast, so I could dress and go out to take pictures of the snow. I meant to do a session later in the day, but never got around to it.

I stayed outdoors for as long as my fingers would allow, and then started to upload selected pics to my social network page. Before I could do that, though, I had to do some housekeeping on my laptop, which included burning photos to a CD, to make room for new photos.

By the time I did all that, it was 11 a.m., so I fixed Ramen noodle soup for Mother, and he delivered it to her. She stayed home today, since there was two or three inches of snow on the ground, and her ramp was a bit slick, even after Hubbie scraped it with a shovel.

Hubbie made grilled cheese sandwiches for our lunch. Afterward, I spent time sorting things from the bathroom again. It's amazing how many bottle, tubes, and assorted other things can accumulate in drawers and cabinets of a bathroom. I filled two more bags with items I culled, and organized the rest into boxes and storage bags.

Among the items bagged is an entire storage bag of dental floss accumulated from trips to the dentist's office. We shouldn't need to buy any of that for a couple of years or so. There's also a world of hand creams and lotions. We can treat ourselves to a different one every day, or several times a day.

When I completed the task, I goofed catching up on reading newspapers and playing on my tablet. Later, Hubbie and I took leftovers from last night's supper over to Mother's house, where I heated them for supper. I served everything hot, except the pork roast. We prefer meat served cold on the second day. When wrapped tightly in two layers of plastic wrap, as well as foil, and stored in a container, it keeps its fresh-cooked flavor. When re-heated, it changes flavors.

Back home after supper, Hubbie and I watched episodes of "Downton Abbey." I discovered that somehow I failed to record Episode two on the DVR, so we watched it on my laptop. This is not the ideal way to watch movies, since the sound is so low on the laptop, and Hubbie's hearing is weak. But we managed it and then were ready to watch a couple of more episodes on TV.













  


0 comments: