Saturday, February 8, 2014

Saturday, Feb. 8

Up at 7:30 on this snowy day. Another inch of snow fell during the night, which covered the snow pack already on the ground. We are very winter-weary, but more snow is predicted for next week.

I dressed to do exercises, but got absorbed in watching the Winter Olympics opening ceremonies that I'd recorded on DVR, so it was after lunch before I got around to doing stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises.

At noon, Hubbie went to Mother's house to heat leftover chicken noodle soup for her, while I got ready for the day. Against my better judgement, Hubbie was determined to attend a basketball game at the college at 4 p.m.

I was afraid there would be ice or snow on the sidewalks and the parking lots at the college, but after Hubbie had seen to Mother's lunch, he drove over to the college and reported that everything was fine there, so there was nothing preventing us from going to the game.

During the afternoon before game time, I enjoyed chatting with Son, and later with Niece from New York. When Niece and I had finished our conversation, Hubbie and I headed to the college. It was a cold walk from the distant parking lot to the gym.

Unfortunately, our team lost, after coming within three points of the opposition, who are number two in the league. Our team has come a long way under the leadership of the new couch (Hubbie's nephew-in-law).

There was a mishap at the game, when a boy of about twelve went running and sobbing past us with his forehead gushing blood. The attending medic, a man, hastened to bandage the boy's head, but it was an injury that seemed to need stitches. I'm sure his dad took him to the emergency room. Meanwhile, the medic retraced the boy's steps and cleaned the spots of blood off the floor.

Back home after the game, we gathered salmon chowder, cracker and cheese, and grapes, and went to Mother's house to have supper with her. It was near 6:30 before the chowder was heated, so we were all more than ready to sit down and eat, since our normal supper hour is 5 p.m.

At home again, Hubbie and I watched our favorite state college basketball team, as they played to a nail-biter win. I'd recorded the game on DVR.

Finished the evening episodes of "Jeeves and Wooster." 



0 comments: