Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday, May 16

Up around 7 a.m., so Hubbie could get ready to go to a Master Gardener committee meeting at 9 a.m. I did stair stepping, resistance band, and leg weights exercises after breakfast.

Before Hubbie headed to his meeting, he accompanied Mother to our house. Mornings have been so chilly lately that Mother has actually worn her winter coat for the walk to our house.

Mother was in the mood for a jigsaw puzzle today, so I located one for her and helped her set up. Then I got ready for the day.

Spent the rest of the morning doing this and that, including talking with a friend from water aerobics, and one of the ladies from our scrapbook club. The lady from water aerobics called to check on the state of my wonky thumb. She suggested I try using veterinary liniment gel to help loosen the tendons. Since there's nothing to lose, I'll try this home remedy.

I called the scrapbook club member to see if she wanted to retrieve a case of punches she'd given me. Yesterday, she commented that she was looking for a tree motif to use in making a masculine birthday card, and there was a tree punch in the case.

But what she was actually looking for was a rubber stamp that she owns but has misplaced. She recently reorganized her scrapbook/greeting card making supplies into a spare bedroom that she has converted into a craft room, and now the rubber stamp is missing. Well, it probably isn't missing, it's just in a new place, and she has forgotten where that place is.

Anyway, I enjoyed chatting with both these ladies. By the I got off the phone, though, it was near lunchtime. Hubbie, who had run a few errands after his meeting, had returned home, so I fixed lunch...the usual for Mother, and deli turkey sandwiches for Hubbie and me.

Spent a couple of hours this afternoon making two greeting cards...a birthday card for a great granddaughter, and a graduation congrats card.

I'm hoping to make several sympathy cards this weekend to add to the cards the scrapbook club made yesterday. We completed 40 (one member had worked ahead), but only six of those are sympathy cards. So I need to make several more to add to the stack before taking them to Caring Hands next week.

Later, Mother and I prepared supper. We made Parmesan potatoes for the oven, and Mother sliced a tomato and a Vidalia onion for making BLT's with onion.

It was a satisfying meal. Shortly afterward, Mother was ready to go home, so Hubbie accompanied her. Then he and I watched TV for the evening.








0 comments: