Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday, May 11

Today is Mother's Day. From what I saw on my social network page, all the mothers in my family had a great one. I know I did.

We were up around 7 a.m., but I skipped my exercises, and showered and dressed as soon as I got up. Mother and Sis came over early, and we began lunch preparations. Hubbie peeled potatoes to boil later, and I put chicken in the slow cooker. I washed a couple of quarts of strawberries for Mother and Sis to cap and slice. Sis prepared lettuce and salad items, and sliced a loaf of her homemade bread to be heated later. Close to the lunch hour, I mashed the potatoes, boiled corn on the cob, and made gravy to go with the meal.

It was a really good lunch, and we were ready to kick back and watch TV for the afternoon, while we digested. I should have run a movie, I guess, but instead we watched a series of one-hour shows.

Supper was chicken salad sandwiches again (PB&J for the girls), chips, and cookies for dessert. Family was ready to get on the road, then, but before they left, I asked Hubbie to take a few group pictures of us as we posed on Mother's wheelchair ramp.

Then I saw Mother safely into her house before I returned home. Finished our lazy day watching TV until bedtime. Went back to Mother's house, though, around 9 p.m. and put drops in her eyes.

*****************************************

Note: got phone calls from both of my sons today, since they couldn't be here with me. Loved talking to them, and loved the special cards they and their families sent. They helped make this a special day for me.

0 comments: