Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wednesday, May 14

Up around 7:30, and did stair stepping, resistance band, and leg weights exercises after breakfast. Mother was ready to come over this morning, despite the cold and rain, so Hubbie accompanied her.

Before I went upstairs to get ready for the day, Hubbie helped me set up the living room for a scrapbook club meeting tomorrow. He hauled out several totes of supplies to keep me from irritating my right hand.

Then Mother and I sorted various scrap papers, rubber stamps, and stickers, and punches, to locate appropriate materials for making greeting cards for Caring Hands Hospice.

Finally, I went upstairs and dressed. By the time I came back down, it was close to noon, so we fixed a lunch of Ramen noodle soup for Mother, and PB&J sandwiches for Hubbie and me.

Afterward, we watched Monday night's episode of "Dancing With the Stars." Didn't accomplish much after that. Hubbie spent his afternoon running errands...to the vet's office to check on our cat that has been constipated, to get a haircut, and to shop for a few groceries.

As for the cat, she is being uncooperative and not eating the soft food that the vet has been giving her. That was her problem here. She only wanted the dry food the other cats eat, which is what has been causing her problem to begin with. But of course there's no reasoning with a cat. So I don't know what we're going to do with her.

Hubbie was gone until around 4:30. In the meantime, I put baking potatoes in the oven, and later heated the leftover beef with peppers and onions, and a dish of spinach, along with Sis's homemade bread. The only part of this meal that Mother wanted was a baked potato and a slice of bread.

Shortly after supper, Mother was ready to go home, so Hubbie accompanied her. Then he and I finished the evening watching one-hour shows on TV.







0 comments: