Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Life's Unexpected Turn, Part Eight

Back in my room after the procedure, I was taken off the nitroglycerin drip and carefully monitored throughout the day and night.

Son and daughter-in-law stayed around until after lunch, when Son had to return to work. Later in the day, after work, my daughter, younger son, and entourage of family visited. I had insisted that family members go to their jobs and only visit after work.

Younger Son and Grandson did drop by for a visit on their work break Thursday, since both were working on a construction job nearby.

I had not called or had Hubbie call anyone outside of family during the days of my hospitalization. In fact, I didn't even call family until after I'd arrived at the capital city heart hospital Wednesday evening.

During Tuesday and Wednesday, Mother was home alone with our dog. I thought about asking the daughter-in-law who doesn't work outside the home to come stay with Mother, but once Sis learned of my problem, she immediately drove to our town to stay with Mother until I could return home. I wanted to avoid anyone having to miss work because of me, but Sis was determined to help out. Knowing that she was here, though, meant that I could relax and not worry about the homefront.

Friday night, after family left, was long, of course, but I was cheered by the prospect of going home Saturday morning.

2 comments:

Ann crum said...

I am always ready and eager to go visit Mom and you, regardless of the circumstances. I don't think anyone could have held me back from going while you were in the hospital!

Sixty Something said...

Well, I'm sure glad you were available!