Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Life's Unexpected Turn, Part Six

If I counted right, over the course of three days, three blood thinner shots were administered directly into the fatty tissue of my stomach. Ouch.

Thursday night drug on...and on...and on, with nurses and nurse's assistants coming and going constantly. They drew blood. They weighed me. They recorded vitals. They brought a multitude of meds. They checked my water input and my urine output. They checked for swelling in my ankles. Someone came and X-rayed my heart. Someone else came and did an ultrasound of my heart.

Friday morning, I had a nose bleed from all the blood thinners, but no one seemed concerned. I was given a wet washcloth and told to squeeze my nostrils together until it stopped. It finally eased, but I was still holding the washcloth when I was...finally!!...wheeled to the procedure room a little after 9 a.m. Friday morning.

0 comments: