Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Memorial Day...a carefree holiday for most of us, made possible by our military heroes. We hung our flags in honor and remembrance.



It was a day of rest for us. Beyond ordinary activities of exercising this morning, and doing a couple of loads of laundry, we didn't do anything productive. Spent the afternoon watching the animated feature, "Up," followed by a reunion DVD of a history in photos of classmates through the years leading up to our 1960 high school graduation. Hubbie and I had seen the video at the reunion, but Mother was interested in viewing it.



Afterward, Mother went home for a while, Hubbie watched TV, and I played on my computer upstairs, where I uploaded a photo to a social network of myself and two friends in swimsuits, taken on our 1960 senior trip. Family asked that I provide the photo. But if they want to see what I look like in a swimsuit today, they'll just have to visit me at the college pool.



For supper, we revisited picnic fare from the camping trip...barbecue, slaw, potato and macaroni salads. Mother went home afterward, and Hubbie went out to work in the yard (he wanted to mow the lawn today, but a thunderstorm cropped up this afternoon).

0 comments: