Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tuesday, June 1

Today is Granddaughter's birthday. Happy Birthday, Granddaughter!

We were up around 7:30 this morning, and I did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. Mother came over mid-morning, and we gathered materials for making a wedding card. I did a rubber stamp design and typed a message for the inside of the card, and Mother completed the rest of the design.

After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the pharmacy, to the bank, and to the WDCS, where we shopped for Mother. She wanted household supplies, as well as jelly-making supplies. We also picked up grocery items for ourselves, including deli turkey.

I think I must have stood at the deli counter for 20 minutes before being served. Only one associate was cutting meat, and several of us were waiting to be served. When it was my turn at last, she apologized, saying that a supervisor had insisted that one associate work at the rotisserie, and one at the deli meat counter, while one was to make sandwiches. That, in my opinion, is not very good staff management. When there is a backup of customers, shouldn't the sandwich maker help out until the customers have been served? I think I'm going to write the company to complain.

Back home, Hubbie went out to work in the yard, and I did a few computer chores, including communicating with staff at the museum in the capital city, where I am to conduct a photography workshop in July.

Supper tonight was loaded baked potatoes, using leftover barbecue and slaw, along with chopped Vidalia onions, shredded cheese, and sour cream. We had fresh tomatoes with cottage cheese on the side.

Mother went home afterward, and Hubbie and I watched a couple of movies on TV.

0 comments: