Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thursday, June 3

Had trouble going to sleep last night. Last time I checked the clock, it was 2 a.m. I was up about 8 a.m., anyway. Hubbie had risen earlier to take the cat to the vet for spaying. After breakfast, I did a treadmill session and resistance exercises.



Mother stayed home today, where she made four pint jars of very pretty, clear pink, plum jelly. She'll enter one in the fair in July. She also made several mini-loaves of pineapple-banana bread. One of those will be a fair entry, too.



Hubbie spent most of his day in the yard, while I spent the morning in my office, where I worked on an update of my artist-in-education information for the state's arts council. The deadline for the update is July 7, but we will be very busy during the next few weeks, so I wanted to get this piece of business out of the way.



After lunch, I made two batches of bran muffins. In the first batch, I used oil, egg, molasses, and regular brown sugar. Three of these will be put in the freezer until fair time. Hubbie will eat the rest. Then I made a second batch, using applesauce instead of oil, egg substitute, honey, and Splenda brown sugar. We'll take these with us on our next camping trip, to have with the leftover Chinese chicken soup that is now in the freezer.



Later, for supper, we had leftover spaghetti and salad. Just as we sat down to supper, I got a call from one of my high school classmates. She just had to tell me, she said, that her husband had commented that he thought I was the most attractive woman at the reunion (second only to her, of course). I'm very flattered, and told her that the compliment made my day. This lady is one of the two or three of us who look basically the same as we did in high school, except for aging. She (along with several others at the reunion) also commented about how much they enjoyed Hubbie, saying that I'd made a good choice in marrying him. I agree.



After supper, we vegged for a while, until the vet's office called to say we could pick up the cat around 7 p.m. The cat is to be kept in the carrier overnight, and then she can be transferred to the cage, where she'll stay for a day or so. Tomorrow, the male cat goes in to be neutered.



Spent the evening watching TV, of course...a few one-hour shows, including the pilot to a new one that we probably won't want to continue.

0 comments: