Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday, May 18

Had one of those nights when I couldn't go to sleep. Finally drifted off around 2 a.m. Slept late, until around 8 a.m., but did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Once I was ready for the day, I did this and that around the house. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 10 a.m., and she worked on her jigsaw puzzle.

After lunch, I went shopping in search of a new pair of jeans for Mother, and denim crop pants for me. At the store that used to have a sale every weekend, I found a pair of crop pants in my size, but no jeans for Mother. Seems the store has quit carrying the brand and style of petite ones that she likes.

So I went to the other store that still has a sale every weekend, where I found another brand of petite jeans in her size and style (stone washed with elastic waistband) that I hoped would suit her. I also found a really pretty pale tangerine colored three-quarter sleeve blouse in a white tropical flower print, with white braid trim. The summer-weight blouse skims the hips nicely, and will look great over either white slacks or white crop pants.

This is the blouse I'll wear to the upcoming Summer Celebration. Since the store had a 40% off sale today, I was able to buy the blouse with the money that younger son and daughter-in-law gave me for Mother's Day and still have cash left to buy something else.

After picking up snapshots at the WDCS, I was back home around 3:30, where I finished journaling and decorating a scrapbook page, and gathered materials to make a thank you greeting card. I postponed making the card, though, until I cleared away scrapbooking materials. Mother helped by separating scrap card stock into clear sleeves, an activity she could work on while seated.

Around 4:30, Hubbie went to meet a haircut appointment. Since we planned to have pancakes and turkey bacon for supper, we had to wait until he came back home, because it takes only a few minutes to heat the frozen pancakes. I discovered, however, that we were out of turkey bacon, so I called Hubbie to stop by a grocery store and pick up a package. In the meantime, I heated both raspberry and sugar free syrups, as well as plates, in the microwave, because I think breakfast type meals should be served on hot plates.

After supper, I read a social network post from Granddaughter, describing her very scary day yesterday, when she was hospitalized for hemorrahaging and complications following a miscarriage a few weeks ago. She stated that she lost over half of her blood in a matter of hours. Because she is type RH negative, blood had to be medivaced from another hospital, and it took a while to arrive. After it arrived, emergency surgery was performed to stop the bleeding. Her obstetrician said she had been very near death, and it was good that she hadn't delayed in getting to the hospital. She'a back home now, on medications and bed rest. We're all breathing a sigh of relef that's she's okay, now.

Later, I accompanied Mother to her house, where she tried on the new jeans, before she took a shower. The jeans fit, but will have to be hemmed, since she is so short. I'll try to get around to that this weekend. Once she was showered and dressed for bed, I threw a load of laundry in the washer for her, before coming back home.

Hubbie and I watched TV for the evening, including another updated version of a Sherlock Holmes story..."The Hound of the Baskervilles," from PBS channel.




0 comments: