Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wednesday, May 16

Slept late again, until around 8 a.m., but did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 10 a.m., and she washed and sorted blueberries, while I got ready for the day.

Before lunch, we made a double batch of blueberry muffins, and packaged the rest of the berries for the freezer. Hubbie and I enjoyed a couple of the muffins for lunch with scrambled eggs, but Mother just wanted Ramen Noodle soup, as usual.

After lunch, Hubbie ran errands...to take the costumes we wore to the Confederate Ball back to a member of the community theater, who said she could deliver them to the wardrobe room of the theater building, since she was going to be there tomorrow evening, anyway. She asked us to hang the costumes on a hook on the front porch, where she hangs items to be picked up by dry cleaners, but not to be startled by a rubber snake hanging there, intended to scare birds. She said she would not be home until later this afternoon, because she was going horseback riding.

Hubbie also went to the newspaper office to deliver the word search puzzle contest, and to a grocery store, which has the brand of fat-free ice cream that I like (he picked up four cartons of it...enough to last well into the summer).

While he ran errands, Mother and I selected card stock to use in designing scrapbook pages of Great-Granddaughter's recent second place win in a foot race; and of Hubbie and me in our Confederate Ball regalia. The scrapbook club is scheduled to meet tomorrow afternoon. After that, Mother resumed working on her jigsaw puzzle, and I began sprucing the house a little for tomorrow's meeting.

I thought there was a visual arts committee meeting tonight, but when I contacted the director to confirm this, she said that the meeting was last Wednesday evening, and she'd stayed at the gallery, but no one showed up. I went back and checked her May agenda info in an April e-mail, and found that she had actually scheduled the meeting for tonight...that's why no one showed up last week! I advised her of this, and she apologized. She's just got too many irons in the fire right now.

Anyway, she set tonight as a meeting of the juried art show committee, and I was welcome to attend, she said. I declined, since I don't think I can contribute anything of value to the discussion.

I thought we had set last Monday night as the date to meet to discuss the upcoming Summer Celebration, although I opted out of going. Mother needed me to attend to her while she showered right after supper...she was weary that evening, and I didn't want to delay in helping her.

Turned out folks didn't meet Monday, after all, because everyone was busy. I got no notice that the meeting had been postponed, so it was just as well that I didn't try to attend. The director set a new date of May 23. I'll be otherwise engaged that day, so I won't be attending then, either. It's hard to get everyone together during the summer months...we all have heavy schedules.

Also got an e-mail notice of a Monday board meeting of the Literacy Council. As far as I know, I'm not on that board! The director e-mailed later to apologize...seems she'd sent that notice to the wrong list.

Later, I fixed a supper of braised pork chops to have with the leftover potatoes, squash, and cabbage from last night. Afterwards, I accompanied Mother to her house and helped her take a shower. Threw a load of clothes in the washer before coming back home.

Hubbie and I watched TV for the evening, including a Hallmark movie, "Love Finds a Home," a Christian drama set in the late 1800s, about a couple of female doctors, one of whom is pregnant, and her friend, also a doctor, who is trying to get pregnant. The mother-in-law (Patty Duke) of the pregnant one is at odds with the non-pregnant doctor about the proper care of her daughter-in-law. Meanwhile, the teenage stepdaughter of the non-pregnant one is in love with the blacksmith, but her father is overprotective. Lessons are learned by all.





0 comments: