Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday, May 14

Up late, around 8 a.m. again, since I didn't have to go to water aerobics this morning. After breakfast, I did a treadmill session and weights exercises.

Didn't accomplish much before lunch, except getting ready for the day, and talking on the phone for a while with Daughter. After lunch, I reviewed the lesson plan for my tutoring class, but at 1 p.m., my student called to say that she was sick with that abcessed tooth. She sounded terrible, and I could tell she was in pain.

I can't imagine why her family doesn't insist she see a dentist, instead of letting her suffer for the next ten days until she can see her dentist in Venezuela. Abcesses are very serious and can poison the bloodstream. She at least needs a prescription for an antibiotic to take the abcess down. Her dentist in Venezuela will have to get rid of the infection before he can treat that tooth, anyway. She might as well get a head start here.

Since I couldn't meet with my student, I went ahead and did the April report for the Literacy Council, and then went to check on Mother. She stayed home this morning and had lunch there, but I accompanied her to my house for the afternoon, where she made dressing for coleslaw, and then worked on her new jigsaw puzzle.

Mother is complaining again today of a headache. She insists she's fine, but if she continues to have this problem, we are off to the doctor, whether she likes it or not!

Hubbie ran errands this morning, including picking up barbecue for supper. He also went to the pharmacy, and to the WDCS for a few items, including picking up snapshots of the Confederate Ball, which I want to use in making scrapbook pages later this week. Unfortunately, he somehow lost the snapshots somewhere between the store and home (he might have left them in the shopping cart), so I had to place another order.

Spent the rest of the afternoon doing laundry, planning an upcoming trip, deciding on a menu for the week, calling the members of the scrapbook club to remind them of a Thursday meeting, reading the Sunday newspaper, working this week's word search puzzle contest, etc.

For supper, we had baked potatoes, topped with barbecue, green onions from the garden, and sour cream, with a side of coleslaw. Hubbie bolstered his meal with barbecue on a bun.

The visual arts committee was scheduled to meet at 5:30 to further discuss plans for an upcoming Summer Celebration, but I opted out of going, because I felt I needed to help Mother. She seemed tired this evening, so I didn't want to delay in helping her take a shower after supper.

I threw a load of laundry in Mother's washer, before coming home to make a recipe of instant chocolate pudding. Took a helping of it to Mother. Hubbie and I spent the rest of the evening watching TV, including this week's episode of "Dancing with the Stars."











0 comments: