Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Saturday, Sept. 15

Up at 8 a.m. on this rainy day. Even though it was rainy, Mother wanted to come to our house, so Hubbie accompanied her around 9:30.

After stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises, I gathered oatmeal cookie making ingredients, so Hubbie and Mother could put a recipe together while I got ready for the day. But I soon found that I needed to hang around until the dough was made, because the two of them became confused. Once the dough was ready, though, they were able to spoon it onto cookie sheets and bake them.

The cookies were done and cooling by the time I came back downstairs. It was lunchtime by then. After lunch, Mother retired to the couch, while Hubbie and I watched a football game. I did laundry, ordered shampoo/body wash online for Mother, and did other chores, while keeping one eye on the game.

Later, Mother helped make veggie pizzas and salad for supper. After supper, I accompanied her to her house, and then Hubbie and I watched our favorite college football team as they suffered a horrible, awful, disappointing, embarrassing, shut-out loss.

Dismal day, dismal loss. But the cookies are good.

0 comments: