Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday, Sept 20

Slept later than I meant to, until 8 a.m. Skipped my exercises so I could get dressed and finish tasks necessary to get ready for the scrapbook club meeting this afternoon.

Around 9:30, I accompanied Mother to our house. Once I was satisfied that the house was ready, and refreshments were prepared, Mother and I began work on making sympathy cards for Caring Hands Hospice.

We had an early lunch, around 11:30. And then we continued card-making until the other two ladies arrived. One of the ladies had made a stack of sympathy cards after I'd called her Monday to say Mother and I would be working on some today. Altogether, we produced twenty-six cards.

We had a nice visit with the ladies, and around 2 p.m., I served oatmeal raisin, chocolate-nut oatmeal, and no-bake chocolate-fruit cookies, along with coffee. Naturally, the ladies wanted the recipes for the cookies.

The meeting ended at 3 p.m. Once Mother and I had cleared away the mess from our projects, I encouraged her to go take a nap. She was afraid it was too late in the afternoon, but I pointed out that it was two hours or so before suppertime, and she had plenty of time. She gratefully agreed. I think she fell asleep the minute her head
hit the pillow.

While she slept, Hubbie called the computer store in another town and learned that the laptop charger had finally arrived. So we went to pick it up. On the way back, we stopped at a friend's house to pick up another 40 lbs. of sweet potatoes.

We were gone about 45 minutes, and when we got back, Mother was still snoozing peacefully, unaware that we'd left.

We got back around 4:30, and I immediately put leftover pork roast and veggies in the oven to heat for supper. Around 5:30, I served the meal with gravy, and sliced tomatoes topped with cottage cheese. Mother was up and ready to eat by that time.

Afterward, I accompanied Mother to her house, and waited until she showered before returning home. Later, Hubbie and I tried to watch the movie, "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy," on DVR, but couldn't make heads or tails of it, so abandoned it for a mystery movie on DVD, called, "Pride and Glory." Corruption touches members of a multi-generational family of New York cops, threatening their long-standing moral code. This movie is peppered with "language."










0 comments: