Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday, Sept. 21

Today is Great-Granddaughter's first birthday. Happy Bithday, Great-Granddaughter!

Up at 6:30 to get ready to go to water aerobics. But I was no sooner ready than a thunderstorm with lightning cropped up. I don't do swimming pool in thunderstorms. So I had to be satisfied with doing stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises.

The storm eased around 9:30, so Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, where she grated white American cheese and then made pimento cheese for sandwiches. While she did that, I got ready for the day.

Back downstairs, I gathered ingredients for making blueberry muffins. I helped Mother measure the ingredients, and once the batter was ready, she spooned it into the muffin tins, and I put the muffins in the oven for twenty minutes. We made a double batch of the muffins, so there'd be enough for Hubbie's and my upcoming trip, and for Mother and Sis to have while we're gone. Mother loves blueberry muffins.

Once the muffins came out of the oven, it was time for a sandwich lunch. Mother and I chose the remainder of the cold meatloaf, and Hubbie opted for ham and cheese on rye bread. For dessert, Hubbie and I had slices of fresh pineapple...we'd bought a couple at the WDCS for $1.98 each.

Mother headed the to couch for a nap afterward, and Hubbie and I ran errands...to the bank; to a pharmacy store; to the Caring Hands Hospice office to drop off the sympathy cards we made yesterday; and to the WDCS for a few groceries.

Back home around 3 p.m., Mother was awake. We relaxed until time to prepare supper. Hubbie did the honors of fixing French toast and scrambled eggs. Tonight, we used bread rounds for the French toast, which gave them the texture of pancakes. For a topping, we had sugar-free maple flavored syrup mixed with blackberry syrup, because I didn't note that the bottle of sugar-free syrup was so low before we went grocery shopping today. I was glad to find a jar of blackberry syrup in the pantry that I'd bought at last fall's craft fair.

After supper, I accompanied Mother to her house, and then Hubbie and I watched TV, as usual.




0 comments: