Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thursday, July 10

Up around 7:30, and did stair stepping exercises after breakfast. The computer shop called just after 8 a.m. to say my laptop was ready to pick up. I was pretty surprised that it had been repaired that soon, and said so. The staff member said that the owner stayed late last night to fix not only my laptop, but several others plagued with the same virus.


Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9 a.m., and then he got ready to go to a 10 a.m. Master Gardener meeting.


Before I went upstairs, I washed carrots and banana peppers, and set out an onion for Mother to dice. I also set out slices of ham to be cubed. Once I was ready for the day, I started pinto beans cooking with cans of chicken and beef broth, the veggies and ham, and spices...pepper, no salt seasoning, paprika, and garlic powder.


Did this and that around the house after that until lunchtime. One thing I did was make a doctor appointment for Mother, who is having a problem with an overgrown toenail. This has happened before, and she was referred to a podiatrist. I'm sure that will be the case again.


For lunch, Mother had Ramen noodle soup, and Hubbie and I had burgers left from last night. Hubbie returned from his meeting just before noon.


After lunch, Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, and Hubbie and I ran errands...to the newspaper office to leave this week's word search puzzle contest; to the Chamber of Commerce to pick up this month's slick magazine about events around town; then to the computer shop in a nearby town. There was no charge for the laptop repair.


At the shop, a little Pomeranian dog greeted us at the door. She is so cute and friendly. Hubbie and I really enjoyed her. Her owner, the staff member who called me this morning, said the dog recently had puppies, all of which now have homes except two males. We are not interested in another pup, but if we were, I'd be tempted by one of these.


From the computer shop, we visited a couple of roadside veggie stands. I picked up a box of green beans at one (on the honor system, where we put our money in a coffee can), and at another, we got tomatoes, zucchini squash, and more green beans.


Then we went to the WDCS for a few groceries before coming back home. At home, I washed the zucchini, adding a couple of squashes from our garden, and Mother sliced them, along with an onion. I sautéed the squash for supper.


Later, we had the squash, with the beans and ham, leftover Parmesan potatoes, and sliced tomatoes, as well as cornbread for Hubbie and Mother.


Shortly after supper, Mother was ready to go home, so Hubbie accompanied her. Later, I went to her house to put drops in her eyes.


Hubbie and I spent the evening watching "The Good Wife" episodes.




*********************************************************


On the way home yesterday, we were aggravated when we saw folks in a pickup truck ahead of us toss drink cups out of their window....just yards down the road, a sign warned that there is a $1000 fine for littering.


There was no license plate on the truck, or I would have been tempted to report it. Probably wouldn't have done any good, though, since I couldn't prove they littered. I suppose the only way a fine can be enforced is if a cop catches the litter bug. But what fool would toss litter out a window if they know a cop is trailing them?







0 comments: