Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wednesday, July 9

Up at 6 a.m. to get ready to go to water aerobics. It was a humid morning, but not bad for the walk to the gym. Thirteen of us attended today. The pool was cooler, but still pleasant, and I enjoyed it.

Back home afterward, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and she sorted pinto beans, while I got ready for the day. I spent the rest of the morning doing this and that, including a couple of loads of laundry.

I also called the computer store about not being able to access the Internet. I was told that Windows 7 is prone to a pesky virus, and I'd need to take my laptop in. What a bummer!

After a sandwich lunch, Hubbie and I took the laptop to the shop. The guy who owns the shop, and also repairs computers, was not expected to return until late this afternoon or in the morning.

So we left the laptop and went up the road to look for cantaloupes. Found a wagon load of them in the yard of our favorite grower. No one was there, but there was a sign telling customers to select what they wanted and leave the money in the coffee can provided.

I wonder where but in a small southern town could fresh produce be sold on the side of the road using an honor system like this? Apparently, there are plenty of honest folks in this area, though, because there was quite a bit of money in the can.

Back home, I didn't accomplish much for the rest of the afternoon except play on my tablet and read newspapers and my novel.

Later, Mother joined me in the kitchen, and we started supper preparations. I washed potatoes, which she halved for a baked Parmesan potato recipe. She also sliced a tomato and a Vidalia onion for burgers, and then she pattied hamburger.

Around 4 p.m., I put the potatoes in the oven, and twenty minutes before 5 p.m., cooked the burgers...beef for Hubbie, and turkey for Mother and me. I topped them all with cheese.

It was a good meal. This is what we call a fun meal, which we would ordinarily have on Saturday. In fact I'd planned to have it last Saturday, while Daughter was here, but we opted for leftovers instead that day, so I decided to have it tonight.

Shortly after supper, Mother was ready to go home, so Hubbie accompanied her. Then we watched "The Good Wife" episodes. Later, I went to Mother's house to put drops in her eyes.

Note: both times I tried to wake Mother up...to help in the kitchen, and then to eat...I had to practically shout to rouse her, because she was so deeply asleep. I wouldn't have disturbed her to help in the kitchen, if I hadn't known she'd have been unhappy not to help.









0 comments: