Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday, July 11

The water felt wonderful, as usual, at the pool this morning. Water aerobics will continue until July 30, after which the college closes for summer break. Sessions will resume in late August.





After I got back from water aerobics, I took Mother to the worldwide discount chain store. She only shops once or twice a month, because it tires her to walk around that store. I urged her to use a wheelchair or a motorized cart, but she refused, saying she needed the exercise.





I picked up talapia fish for supper, plus strawberries and grapes for lunch. I had trouble paying for my purchases by credit card, however, because the machine wasn't working properly. The store associate said that during yesterday's thunderstorm lightening struck a transformer near the adjacent gas station, knocking out the lights and gasoline pump computers, as well as the lights and computers in the store. The credit card machines and other electronic equipment still weren't working right today, she said. After some prompting, though, she got the credit card machine to activate.



After lunch, Mother and I went to the beauty shop for haircuts. We had nothing else scheduled for the rest of the afternoon and evening beyond fixing parmesan talapia for supper (an oven dish), served with steamed new potatoes, and yellow summer squash topped with Vidalia onions. Sliced locally grown tomatoes completed the meal.


There was nothing on the calendar for tonight, either, so we relaxed and watched a couple of movies I'd recorded on the DVR.

0 comments: