Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sunday, July 6

We slept late this morning, and beyond reading the Sunday paper, catching up on computer tasks, and preparing a menu and grocery list for the upcoming week, we didn't do much before noon. We decided a pot of spaghetti and sauce would be good for lunch, and we made enough to have for supper again tomorrow night.

After lunch, Hubbie and I shopped for groceries at the worldwide discount chain store. At 4 p.m., Hubbie, Mother, and I, went to the museum to attend a lecture about the trials and tribulations of Native American tribes in our region in the late 19th century. The lecture was part of series of programs that includes a traveling exhibit of 53 Native American Plains Indians portraits, taken 1889-1891, and an archeological exhibit on the Mississippian Culture in our area.

Tonight, we went over to the college for an outdoor movie presentation of the musical, "1776." Only a handful of us attended, but we enjoyed each other's company. The movie was good, of course, though we had difficulty understanding one of the actresses. Maybe the sound system wasn't adequate. The movie was longer than we anticipated, too. It started at 8:30 p.m., and didn't end until 11 p.m. We didn't get back home until close to 11:30, which was a pretty late hour for Mother.

Years ago, our community theater performed this musical, and I know I've seen it on television. I might have even recorded it on VHS, though it would be better to have the DVD version now. I might order it. I love musicals, and this would be a welcome addition to my library. I especially like movies and musicals that I can watch every year during the appropriate holiday.

0 comments: