Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday, July 12

We slept late this morning, and I skipped exercising so my muscles could rest. After breakfast, Hubbie and Mother worked grooming plants for the county fair, and I planned a presentation for the plant society group tonight.

Other than routine household chores, nothing happened during the afternoon. Around 2 p.m., I found a strange movie on a TV premium channel called, "The Cradle." I don't know what the movie's rating is, but I'd think it's probably PG13. This is a frightening and disturbing thriller that kept us on the edge of our seats without using bloody gore. I don't think this low-budget film is well known, but if you like nail-biters, this one is worth seeing.

Hubbie accompanied me to the plant society meeting, where my short presentation was well received. About 25 members attended, several of whom we know. One older lady paid me the backhanded compliment of saying that my presentation was interesting enough to keep her awake. After my talk, several approached me to talk more about cameras and photography.

A couple of members brought "give-aways"....plastic storage bags of zinnia seeds, and paper lunch sacks containing about five peaches each. One member brought potted coleus plants that were snatched up right away. We were given two bags of seeds and two bags of yummy Saturn (also known as saucer or donut) peaches.

Refreshments included cookies, brownies and, gratefully, two varieties of grapes. There was also bottled lemonade, which I dared not try, because I'm sure it contained yellow dye, and I'm highly allergic to that food color.

After the meeting, Hubbie and I were invited to join the organization. I'm sure I was invited because they see me as someone who could do their publicity. I reminded them that although I take pictures of flowers and plants, I can't really name them, and I don't have a green thumb at all. That didn't seem to discourage them. But I insisted that Hubbie would be a more logical member recruit.

0 comments: