Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Monday - Back to the Routine

It was a usual Monday...started the morning at Cardiac Rehab. Even though I rode my bike twice a day at camp, I wasn't able to perform up to par this morning on the cardio-stepper and treadmill. Or maybe I was just less energetic because we haven't really had a down day yet to recover from the trip. My blood pressure and oxygen saturation were good, so I'm fine. I'll probably be right back in the groove by tomorrow.

Today's educational video addressed the concerns of folks right after suffering a cardiac episode...fear of going to sleep, because we might not wake up again, depression about our health, mixed feelings about lifestyle changes, the advantages of cardiac rehab, etc. This was a video that I think should be shown at the beginning of the rehab program, rather than at the end.

After I got back home, I spent some time completing paperwork for cardiac rehab...quizzes to see how much I've learned in 36 sessions, surveys about lifestyle changes, and surveys evaluating the staff at rehab. I'll end Phase II of the program in a few more days, but I want to sign up for Phase III, I think

Then I made a batch of muffins, chock full of fruits and veggies. Three of the best ones will be entered in our county fair, coming up next week.

I spent the rest of the afternoon journaling our trip to the capital city.

There were no outings scheduled for this evening, so I relaxed and caught up with a week's worth of local newspapers, and then watched TV until bedtime. Not a very exciting day, but productive enough.

0 comments: