Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wednesday, July 9

Started the day with water aerobics. I love it. Several asked, though, how I'd gotten the big, old bruise on my hip, and I repeatedly explained I'd gotten it when I walked into a bolt and nut assembly in the makeshift darkroom last week, which was housed in the elevator mechanism room at the museum.







As soon as I got home, Hubbie commandeered the van to run errands again. Mother and I worked getting our fair entries ready to go Sunday. We enter quite a bit of stuff in a variety of categories, including crafts, household arts, baking, canning, candy making, fresh flowers, flower arrangements, and plants, as well as vegetables, if any are ready. It looks like banana peppers might be the only veggie that will be ready this year. Usually, we have nice tomatoes and other things, but the spring weather didn't cooperate this time. Mother grew some beautiful herbs, though, which she has dried and put in pretty jars for the fair.







This afternoon, I got a call asking me to go photograph some public garden spaces the Master Gardeners have worked on...they want to mount an exhibit booth in the fair, and need photos of their projects. It rained earlier this afternoon, so I couldn't get out to do that. When it finally cleared, I decided to go do the photos. But I found that my camera battery, and the spare battery, were both dead.



Later, the batteries were ready, and I got the shots. When I uploaded the pics to my computer, though, I discovered that I'd failed to set my camera's ISO back after setting it at 1600 for the fireworks show last Friday night. The MG wants to have the pics enlarged to 8"x10", and I think these will be too grainy if they are blown up that much. So I might have to go back tomorrow and try shooting the sites again.



I think this is a sign that I'm getting tired and need a break.

0 comments: