Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday, July 10

Today completed my 34th day of Cardiac Rehab...only two more sessions and I'll be done with Phase II. If I sign up for Phase III, I'll basically be on my own in exercise routine, and I won't be monitored as closely as I am in Phase II. My blood pressure and oxygen saturation has remained pretty constant, with low BP and high oxygen saturation. The physical therapist remarked today that in the four years he has worked there, I am only one of two patients whose oxygen consistently registers at 100%.



The educational booklet we were provided today is all about controlling blood pressure through diet, exercise, and medications. It lists many of the common BP meds and describes side effects. The information is good, but nothing I wasn't already aware of.



For the first time that I remember it rained on the way to Cardiac Rehab. I took along an umbrella but didn't need it since the rain stopped by the time I got there. It wasn't raining when I left the session, either, though it was cloudy and muggy.



I was a little aggravated with myself this morning, though. For some reason I was daydreaming and missed my turn to the hospital, which meant I had to take a circuitous route to my destination. I got there about five minutes later than usual, meaning I couldn't rest before the therapist took my BP. It was still low enough but would have been even lower with five or ten minutes of sitting still.

While I was at Cardiac Rehab, Hubbie went to his monthly Master Gardener meeting. He got home about noon, and we all went over to our local cable company's open house. Hot dogs, chips, cake and cookies, and cold drinks or bottled water were served in honor of the occasion. I didn't indulge, but Mother and Hubbie brought helpings home for lunch. I fixed myself a deli turkey sandwich, low-fat cottage cheese, and a bowl of mixed fresh fruits.

We did register for the HD TV prize and picked up the pen, pencil and sticky note pad in a plastic cup before we left. Just as we got on the road the sky darkened, thunder boomed, lightening streaked, and there came a downpour. I was glad I'd thought to shut our computer off before leaving. I felt sorry for the folks who decided to stay and picnic under the canopies provided by the cable company. They must have gotten soaked.

The rain finally stopped later in the afternoon, and Hubbie and I went around to the Master Gardener projects so I could do more pictures. I got decent ones this time and put them on a CD, which we delivered to one of the members who is helping with the exhibit booth.

By this time, I was ready to relax and do nothing of consequence until bedtime.

0 comments: